[rt-users] HTML/Richtext email with RT

Narayanaswamy, Nagaraj Nagaraj.Narayanaswamy at tekelec.com
Wed Mar 16 07:58:20 EDT 2011

We have been running RT 3.8.7 on ubuntu 10.10 for about a month now  and almost all of our ticket creation is via the email interface. Our user's email client is Outlook and most of the time when our helpdesk responds  they answer via email too. The complaint I hear is that all the font, font color, font size is all lost when it goes out of RT.

I've seen an article on contribution Wiki

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/SendHTMLEmail

Is this the way to go? Or do you guys have other recommendations?

I also tried setting the RichText in SiteConfig.pm and restarting Apache, no luck with it.

Set($PreferRichText, 1);

Thanks,