[rt-users] Subscription of Dashboard and Outlook

Shawn M Moore sartak at bestpractical.com
Thu Mar 24 12:58:59 EDT 2011

(11/03/24 12:55), Jon Baker wrote:
> I spent yesterday going on and on with our project manager about how wonderful the dashboard subscriptions are,

:D

> and so we set up her RT account to send her a daily dashboard e-mail.  However, when she got the e-mail, it looks terrible - in mine, it looks all pretty like the RT home page, but in hers the blue background is overwhelming with every other line in the list as white.  I finally concluded that the most likely issue is that she is using Outlook (I am using Mac Mail).
 >
> I know Outlook is horrible with html e-mail support, but I'm a bit surprised that this occurred and that I can't find anything in the archives referencing it.  Is there either;

I'm also surprised this is the first time that has come up.
Unfortunately I don't have any solution ready for you.

> a) A patch that modifies the outgoing e-mail to work with the limited Outlook html support or,

I haven't seen anything like that.

> b) A way to send the dashboard e-mails as plain text instead of html?

I want to add this feature (
http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=12587 ) but
unfortunately there's nothing that converts HTML to plaintext that both
works well and that we can ship with RT.

I even have a branch in the code with everything done except actually
calling whatever function to downgrade HTML to plaintext.

> Thanks!

Shawn