[rt-users] Is a time zone user preference available?

Eli Guzman eguzman at cvimellesgriot.com
Wed May 4 12:47:26 EDT 2011

----Original Message----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin
Falcone Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:20 AM To:
rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com Subject: Re: [rt-users] Is a time zone
user preference available?

>> Thanks once again for all of the input, IE is indeed the primary
>> browser here, but we do have users using Mozilla Firefox 4 as well. I
>> have tried logging in within FF4, and I get the same errors as I do
>> in
>> IE. I think that there is some basic link not taking place between
>> IE(FF4) and RT (RT::Auth*), which is interesting (or rather odd)
>> since
>> as I mentioned before, I am able to login using LDAP directly (though
>> unable I may be of passing the SSO check itself). I read on a
>> previous
>> message that
>> RT::Auth* was now at 0.08_02 (not sure if this is correct)? Perhaps I
>> should use this version with RT 3.89 and see if this fixes the issue.
>>
>> You mentioned mod_auth_kerb, and I actually do have mod_auth_kerb
>> installed for Apache2, so I'm thinking this could be another likely
>> way to go (would this work for FF4 as well?). I've also used Likewise
>> Open to physically join the server to our primary domain controller,
>> but this has not made much of a difference (yet) - although I am sure
>> that a separate connector has to probably be setup within Likewise
>> for
>> RT (but I am at the moment not familiar with this option). As another
>> feasible option for SSO, would it be better to just use an AD
>> synchronized OpenLDAP server, using something like a DBI
>> Authentication module?
>
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth does not provide transparent SSO using
> spnego What you're seeing in the logs is the support for cookie based
> SSO
>
> If you want to tie IE or a kerberized FF to an AD server using
> windows SSO, you want mod_auth_kerb
>
> -kevin

Thanks for the reply Kevin, I am looking at configuring mod-auth-kerb.
Should I yield any positive results, I'll make sure to post a follow up
to the list.

--Eli