[rt-users] Reuse RT System Saved Searches for all users

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed May 4 12:47:50 EDT 2011

Lars,

All searches are saved based on two things; personal and group membership.
Therefore, I give all the search rights (See, Create, Load, etc.) to all
privileged users, GLOBALLY. Reason, you can only see a search that either
you own or for a group you are a member of. Granting those search rights
globally does NOT give anyone the right to see some search they shouldn't.
That is always dependant on the groups you are a member of. This saves a LOT
of time when setting up.maintaining rights.

As Raed explained, simply create a group with all the user you want to see a
set of searches and put the users in that group.

Kenn
LBNL