[rt-users] Reply not sending email

Matti Taina matti.taina at otaverkko.fi
Thu May 5 14:16:10 EDT 2011

On Thu, 5 May 2011 13:47:47 -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
> This could be related to the NotifyActor config setting.
>
> If this person was updating the ticket and was the only person that
> was to receive "correspondence", and NotifyActor was set to off, it
> wouldn't send any emails...
>
> HTH
> Mike.
>
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 6:08 AM, Matti Taina  wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> I tried googling for this for a while, so I hope it's not something
>> as trivial as R'ing TFM.
>>
>> What could be the cause for RT not sending email when replying to a
>> ticket? What happened is, that a helpdesk person was trying to
> reply
>> to a ticket several times, but only on their third try RT sent out
>> the actual email message and printed "Outgoing email recorded" on
>> the ticket history. The first two trys only resulted in the
>> correspondence entry being printed on the ticket history, but no
>> email was sent and no message of outgoing email was printed. The
>> helpdesk person says that every try was identical and no changes
>> were made on the reply page, other than a change in ticket status
>> (between stalled and open).
>> The RT version is 3.8.8.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Matti

Actually I just noticed that the logs do have some memory errors:

Could not send mail with command `/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t`: couldn't
execute program: Cannot allocate memory at
/usr/local/rt3.8/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm line 447.

I did some googling and it seems someone was able to fix this (or at
least something similar) by changing the Apache2 from worker MPM to
prefork MPM. Will give it a shot early tomorrow when there are no RT
users online.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/82031

-Matti