[rt-users] Old RT and New RT ?

aseim99 aseim.safaya at zf-uk.com
Mon May 9 11:22:58 EDT 2011

Hi,
If we do upgrade the old system to new one then there will be some down time
, which we can't afford . So the plan is to have a period of 2-3 months
where any present tickets will continue to go to old system and any new
tickets (given numbers from 10,000 and above ) will go to new system . The
reason is there are tickets which are still open and if we have a new system
only then if a client replys to that ticket , the new system will not pick
it up. I know that it is possible to upgrade the present system to new one
but like i said , we will like to test the new system side by side with old
system to keep the rt going.
We did that , set up new emails , auto increament from 10000. Thats ok for
new tickets but wont cater for old tickets . What i was thinking is , if
there is any inbuilt procedure in mail gateway of system to forward tickets
to specific rt depending on the ticket number.
I am new to linux and also only been understanding how rt works for the past
2 months . But since the order from top are to install new rt , i am in a
helpless situation here so any help is greatly needed.
Cheers