[rt-users] Default Ticket Message Content when composing new ticket

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri May 13 10:49:18 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 08:01:43AM +0800, Michael P. Carel wrote:
> Tnx for the reply, what i meant was that the pre-prepared text is
> dependent on a specific queue only. I've tried to Create template
> under specific queue and encode the pre-prepared text under the
> template and Create scrip under that specific queue with  the
> following details:
>
> Queue template (Pre-Prepared text):
> ThIS IS A TEST MESSAGE
>
> Current queue SCRIP:
> Condition: OnCorrespond
> Action: OpenTicket
> Template: Pre-Prepared text
> Stage: TransactionCreate
>

> But doesn't work when I tried to open and compose the queue content,
> I did not see the pre-prepared text "ThIS IS A TEST MESSAGE" under
> the queue message body text box.

I don't think the OpenTicket Action does what you think it does.
It opens a ticket whenever there is a correspondence.

Luckily it doesn't look for a Template, otherwise you'd probably be
generating some interesting email on ever correspondence on a ticket.

As I believe someone mentioned earlier in the thread, you need to
write some custom code that uses a MessageBox callback.  I believe
this has come up on the mailing list in the past, with example code.

-kevin