[rt-users] Rt and field crews

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue May 17 14:40:02 EDT 2011

We're using RT to manage work crews.  We have crews that go out and work
on various projects.  We have a crew that specifically deals with small
projects; these are small one day or less jobs.

Dispatch gets a work order, typically by phone.  She takes down the
information, location, etc. on a pre-printed form, does some basic
research on ownership, access, etc, and then sends the same form out with
the crew to fix the issue.

I've created the dispatch part of the form in RT.  The bottom half of the
form is blanks that gets filled out in the field by the crew foreman.

I need to get RT to print the form so dispatch can put them in the crew
work order pile.  I've looked around and RT doesn't really seem to have
any simple way to print tickets in a specific format.

Any guidance on this?

--
My daughter is racing a triathlon to raise money for her swim club.  Want
to help?

http://akari.seiner.com