[rt-users] rt & apache running slow

Chris Hall hiro24 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:21:22 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I'm not sure if was the case before the upgrade to 4.0.0 from 3.8.8, but
I've noticed intermittent slowdown.. particularly on the front page.  I have
a suspect as to why this is the case, and I wanted to know if this could be
backed up.  The ppl who use rt here requested that "resolved" status be an
active status, so it shows up as a column on the right for the queues, etc..
we're up to around 7000 tickets, and I'm wondering if the taking of
inventory of all these tickets might be what's causing the slowdown.  At
times I can wait upwards for 20+ seconds while apache churns away at 99.9%
CPU usage, waiting on the front page to generate.  Could it be the result of
all the tickets that rt is inventorying to display as active that is the
cause of this?