[rt-users] Adding a "predefined search" field

Gerard FENELON gerard at eve-team.com
Mon May 23 06:45:33 EDT 2011

Hi

I use the "smart keywords" feature of firefox
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Smart%20keywordswhich allows me to
type "rtcompany yoyodine" in the LOcation bar of firefox
and returns me the result of a search on a Custom Field

    * Go to "Organize bookmarks" ("Show all bookmarks" in FF4)
    * In the right-button menu, click on "New bookmark"
    * In the dialog box, add the following
          o Name: Search RT Company
          o Location:
            https://rt/Search/Results.html?Order=ASC&OrderBy=id&Query=(Status%3D'new'OR%20Status%3D'open')AND%20'CF.%7BCompany%7D'%20LIKE%20'%s'
          o Keyword: rtcompany

The important part is the '%s' at the end of the location. Firefox will
replace it with what you type after the keyword.

The location URL can be much complicated than the above. You can also
add the Format (ie the Columns displayed).
I usually build a search using the Search builder and copy/paste the URL.
As far as I know, the "smart keywords" allows you only one variable (%s)

Gerard