[rt-users] Fulltext search in RT4

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Mon May 23 10:11:29 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 14:45 +0100, Gary Holmes wrote:
> Only thing that does not seem to work any more is searching for
> tickets by looking for words in the body of messages. In 3.8 we used
> "fulltext:word" to search. This returns nothing in RT4. Is there
> anything equivalent, or have I missed something?

As Emmanuel notes, you need to:

        Set( %FullTextSearch,
          Enable => 1
        );

...to enable the 3.8 unindexed FTS functionality.  This became disabled
by default in 4.0 because of the performance implications of the search
on most large deployments.  If you want indexed FTS, we suggest you wait
for 4.0.1, as it contains a number of critical bugfixes and
documentation updates in this codepath.
 - Alex