[rt-users] Apache2 CPU hungry !

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 2 10:51:54 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 12:16:53PM +0100, Michele Pinassi wrote:
> thanks for your reply. I gove 2GByte to our RT installation but still
> eating a lot opf CPU and memory, as shown in this screenshot:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15540617/Varie/rt.jpg
>
> It's a normal behavour ?

While children occasionally spike to a high CPU usage, if that's been
spinning for a while at 93% then something is wrong.  You'll want to
use your logs to find out what the apache child is doing.  You might
be able to divine it from access logs and seeing what pages are being
loaded.  You might need to use MasonX::Profiler to get more
information about what pages are being run.

-kevin