[rt-users] Sorting custom fields

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 14 13:09:44 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Giuseppe Sollazzo <gsollazz at sgul.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 14/11/11 17:24, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>> Giuseppe,
>>
>> Are you talking about hoe the VALUES appear or the way the Fields
>> themselves appear on a ticket page?
>

> Hi Kenneth,
> the order of the fields themselves.
> I know you can give a sort order for the values within the interface,
> so I was expecting something similar to be available for Fields order.
> The only way to do it seems to be swapping them around.
> Any other possibility?

Custom perl script that talks to API or direct SQL on
ObjectCustomFields table. It's better to use fresh 3.8 or 4.0. Here is
SQL to see the current state:

SELECT cf.Name, q.Name, ocf.SortOrder FROM CustomFields cf JOIN
ObjectCustomFields ocf ON ocf.CustomField = cf.id LEFT JOIN Queues q
ON ocf.ObjectId = q.id WHERE cf.LookupType = 'RT::Queue-RT::Ticket'
AND (q.Name IS NULL OR q.Name = 'Blocks') ORDER BY cf.LookupType ASC,
ocf.SortOrder ASC;

--
Best regards, Ruslan.