[rt-users] External Auth (LDAP) and Mail Attribute

Thomas Misilo misilot at fit.edu
Tue Nov 15 12:21:52 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:05 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] External Auth (LDAP) and Mail Attribute

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:55:41AM -0500, Thomas  Misilo wrote:

> Okay I think I see what my problem is.
>
> In the log is see "== Attrs: displayName,mail,cn,cn,cn" and when I try and select the attributes like that from the AD it doesn't find them. They are separated by ; I believe with windows AD.

That's a debugging convention, not the literal command sent.
The filter is right above it in the logs.

The usual next step is to run ldapsearch manually with the filter and see what you get back

-kevin

Okay I ran;

ldapsearch -h server-x -b "dc=server,dc=tld" -D "CN=user,OU=Group User Accounts,OU=Groups ,DC=server,DC=tld" -W  "(&(cn=userIwant))" displayName mail cn

and it displays correctly the following:

cn: userIwant
displayName: Name
mail: userIwant at server.tld

I have tried changing line 304 in LDAP.pm to join with spaces, but that doesn't work.

Tom