[rt-users] fetchmailrc

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 16:00:04 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 20:49,  <mjames at guesswho.com> wrote:
> When I invoke fetchmail –f /opt/rt4/etc/fetchmailrc, it appends
> “@mail.domain.com” to the username, whereas the correct user is
> trackrequests at domain.com.
<---SNIP--->
> [root at xtracker ~]# fetchmail -f /opt/rt4/etc/fetchmailrc
>
> fetchmail: WARNING: Running as root is discouraged.
>
> fetchmail: Authorization failure on trackrequests at domain.com@mail.domain.com

That's just the logging, it doesn't actually pass the
@mail.example.com as part of the username. It is there so you can
differentiate problems logging in to multiple accounts on different
mail servers.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
        doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche