[rt-users] pdf thumbnail shows as broken

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Nov 17 13:16:29 EST 2011

We're uploading some pdf files into custom fields as images.  We need to
do this as we want the pdfs to be clickable in searches.

The problem is that the thumbnails show as broken images.  I'm guessing
this is because RT doesn't know how to make thumbnails from pdfs.

We want to either have the thumbnails show up or turn off the thumbnails
for pdfs and eliminate the broken image icon.

I found this:

http://search.cpan.org/~leocharre/Image-Magick-Thumbnail-PDF-1.13/lib/Image/Magick/Thumbnail/PDF.pm

but as I am constitutionally incapable of programming in perl this does
not help me much.

Is anyone aware of a plugin for this?  Or know a way to turn off the
thumbnails for pdfs?

Thanks!

--
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year,
but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If