[rt-users] WebExternalAuth and no root for you

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 03:57:30 EST 2011

So I am trying to see if I can understand how to use WebExternalAuth.
In /etc/apache2/sites-available/default I have:

        DocumentRoot /var/www
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None

                AuthType Kerberos
                AuthName "Kerberos Login"
                KrbAuthRealms DOMAIN.COM
                KrbServiceName HTTP
                Krb5Keytab /etc/apache2/krb5.keytab
                KrbMethodK5Passwd on
                KrbDelegateBasic on
                Require valid-user
        </Directory>

Then in RT_SiteConf.pm I added

Set($WebExternalAuth , 1);
Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , 1);
Set($WebExternalAuto , 1);

When I try to login as the root user, I am told it does not exist in kerberos:

[Mon Nov 21 03:53:34 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.115]
krb5_get_init_creds_password() failed: Client not found in Kerberos
database

Would anyone know why it is not checking if rt knows of this user
internally (as opposite to through kerberos)?