[rt-users] Private Groups in RT v4.0.x or equivalent?

Carlos Garcia Montoro cgarcia at ific.uv.es
Wed Oct 26 06:30:20 EDT 2011

As far as I know, I have never seen something like "private" groups
since we began using RT with version 3.8.x On the other hand you have
groups in which you can add the users you want.

I would advice you to create a group with proper privileges and to add
in this group the users you need, instead of create a generic user and
spread credentials. If you do what you propose, you cannot know who has
done what, and every time you need to remove a user from this generic
group, you will need to change its password and distribute the new one
to all the users.

Hope this helps. Regards,
Carlos

--
| __ __ | Carlos García Montoro                    Ingeniero Informático
|_\_Y_/_| Instituto de Física Corpuscular         Centro Mixto CSIC - UV
|\_] [_/| CPAN                                             www.i-cpan.es
|_______| España / Spain                               Fax:+34 963543488