[rt-users] Can't load RT_SiteConfig.pm

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Wed Sep 7 17:05:40 EDT 2011

  I'm using the following howto:

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/HowToInstallRequestTracker3.8OnUbuntu11.04

When I attempt to create the database, I get the error below. I found
another conversation on the issue that indicated it was a permission
issue. The file is owned by root and www-data. I set the permissions to
755, but still get the error

  /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database-3.8 --action init --dba rtuser
--prompt-for-dba-password
Couldn't load RT config file RT_SiteConfig.pm:

syntax error at /etc/request-tracker3.8/RT_SiteConfig.pm line 44, near "{}"
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Config.pm line 585.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database-3.8
line 131