[rt-users] RT 3.8.7 Forward Transaction or Ticket shows up as attachment rather than inline

Chris Herrmann chrisherrmann7 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 23:47:09 EDT 2011

Hi all,

is there a way of making the forward transaction / ticket function forward
the content in the way that it was initially generated, rather than as an
attached eml file? So the text content of a transaction should appear as
inline text, and any attachments should appear as attachments, rather than
as attachments embedded within an attached email.

Outlook opens up the attached files OK, but gmail won't, iphone won't etc.

Currently the template for "Forward Ticket" is very sparse:

---------

This is a forward of ticket #{ $Ticket->id }
---------

The other issue with the forwarded ticket is that the from address does not
pick up the queue address or "Chris via RT" with the correct email address,
rather it picks up the system default address.

I"m not sure but I'm guessing that I might be able to fix the format through
a slightly more descriptive template but am not sure where to start..

Thanks,

Chris