[rt-users] Updating RT_SiteConfig in RT4.0.2

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 15 10:43:50 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 09:32:56AM -0500, Izz Abdullah wrote:
> Even if it is debian specific, I was running on an Ubuntu server previously with RT3.8.  So what actually updates RT_Config.pm from the RT_SiteConfig.pm settings?  Surely not simply restarting the apache service.

update-rt-siteconfig takes the files in
/etc/request-tracker3.8/RT_SiteConfig.d and uses them to construct
/etc/request-tracker3.8/RT_SiteConfig.pm. It does not alter RT_Config.pm
(which is installed under /usr in Debian).

If you are installing RT 4 manually, you will just be updating
RT_SiteConfig.pm directly.

If you prefer to work with Debian packages, you might find that it's
possible to backport 4.0 to Natty without too much work.

(Incidentally, it looks like 11.10 will release with RT 4.0.1; if any
Ubuntu users would prefer 4.0.2 in 11.10, now would be a good time to
find an Ubuntu developer to sync this for you).

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team