[rt-users] Problems with Fetchmail/RT Mailgate

josh.cole josh.cole at fresno.edu
Fri Sep 23 03:32:52 EDT 2011

I add an account on our 2007 Exchange server to receive e-mails for RT. I
configured fetchmail for the exchange pop account but it fails to
authenticate. I've tested the credentials and connection settings by setting
up the pop account in Outlook. It works without fail. The exchange server
does require a secure login method. If I wanted to have the e-mails
delivered directly to the RT server can I create the accounts in Postfix on
the RT server so that I can use to get tickets via email into the queue's?
Can someone show me what the fetchmail config should look like in that
scenario?

fetchmail: Query status=3 (AUTHFAIL)
The logs are also telling me that there was an error exchanging credentials.