[rt-users] Accent (diacritic) in attachment name -> diacritic in transaction subject broken

Pavel Sidlo pavel.sidlo at topdigital.cz
Mon Apr 2 01:26:32 EDT 2012

Hi Stephen,

thank you for your answer.

Subject diacritic is OK for every message(=transaction) except ones with
diacritic filenames in attachment. So I see for example all messages
with diacritic in ticket but only ones with diacritic characters in
attachment name that have diacritic characters in subject have broken
subject.

Nearly all communication in RT tickets is in Czech language so it
usually contains diacritic characters. Therefore I am almost sure it is
not problem between webserver and web browser.

RT frontend is displayed in Czech language with diacritic and it
displays all characters correctly. I also checked browsers encoding and
it selects UTF8 correctly with charset autodetection or forced to UTF8.

Regards,

Pavel Sidlo
e-mail: pavel.sidlo at topdigital.cz