[rt-users] RT Extension LDAPImport Using LDAPS?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Apr 9 16:58:01 EDT 2012

On 04/09/2012 04:50 PM, Scott Pestana wrote:
> [Mon Apr  9 19:51:49 2012] [critical]:
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::LDAP::CanonicalizeUserInfo : Search for
> (&(|(objectClass=posixAccount)(objectClass=account))(mail=USEREMAIL at linguamatics.com))
> failed:  LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT 32
> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm:232)
>
> [Mon Apr  9 19:51:49 2012] [critical]:
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::LDAP::CanonicalizeUserInfo : Search for
> (&(|(objectClass=posixAccount)(objectClass=account))(uid=USERID))
> failed:  LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT 32
> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm:232)

You'll note these errors are from RT-Authen-ExternalAuth, not
RT-Extension-LDAPImport.  Please show us the config for ExternalAuth.

>     For each user we get the above two "critical" errors, and the below
> "info" message (which I don't mind aside from the "Disabled" part):

Those critical errors are passed along from your LDAP server.

> [Mon Apr  9 19:51:49 2012] [info]:
> RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo returning Disabled: ,
> EmailAddress: USEREMAIL at linguamatics.com, ExternalAuthId: USERID, Gecos:
> USERFULLNAME, Name: USERID, Privileged: 1, RealName: USERFULLNAME
> (/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:651)

This is just an informational message.  Disabled: is blank, so that's fine.

>     When I inspected the MySQL tables that were created, I found that
> all the users appeared to be created as I wanted.  I am having trouble
> with the Web view at the moment, so I need to verify them through that
> view as well.

This is probably because you're only looking at privileged users in the
admin interface and LDAPImport creates unprivileged users.  You can
search for them using the form on the admin page.

Thomas