[rt-users] RT Extension LDAPImport Using LDAPS?

Scott Pestana scott.pestana at linguamatics.com
Tue Apr 10 12:23:38 EDT 2012

Thomas,
     Here is the RT-Authen-ExternalAuth.  As you can see, some of this
information is re-used for multiple RT Extensions.  Is there an PERL/RT
approved way of creating variables that can be passed to these Set()
statements?  Is it as simple as declaring the variables and passing them
into the Set() statements like in a normal script?

Set($WebExternalAuth, 1);
Set($WebExternalAuto, 1);
Set($AutoCreate, {Privileged=>1});

Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  ['Lingua_LDAP']);
Set($ExternalInfoPriority,  ['Lingua_LDAP']);
Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS, 0);
Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers, 1);
Set($ExternalSettings, {
                 'Lingua_LDAP' => {
                         'type'          => 'ldap',
                         'server'        => 'OURLDAPS.linguamatics.com',
                         'port'          => '636',
                         'ca_path'       => '/etc/openldap/cacerts/',
                         'user'          =>
'uid=OURSYSTEMACCOUNT,dc=linguamatics,dc=com',
                         'pass'          => 'OURSYSTEMACCOUNTPW',
                         'base'          =>
'ou=OURUSERTREE,dc=linguamatics,dc=com',
                         'filter'        =>
'(|(objectClass=posixAccount)(objectClass=account))',
                         'tls'           => 0,
                         'net_ldap_args' => [ version => 3 ],
                         'attr_match_list' => [ 'EmailAddress',
                                                 'ExternalAuthId' ],
                         'attr_map'      => { 'Name' => 'uid',
                                              'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
                                              'RealName' => 'cn',
                                              'ExternalAuthId' => 'uid',
                                              'Gecos' => 'gecos'
                                            }
                 }
         });

     I'm surprised that our LDAP server is throwing critical errors,
because I believe that the information has been set up properly.

     Having a "Disabled: , " is a bit confusing, but if that's valid as
designed ok.

     I'm not having trouble finding the users in the web view, I'm
having trouble with the web view at all.  But this is an internal
reverse proxy issue, not related to RT.  Interrogating the SQL tables RT
creates shows the users with all the fields I wanted to check, but I
don't see a quick way to tell from the SQL data whether a user is
Privileged or not.  If you want to pass me a clue I'd like to have that
crib note for when looking at the raw SQL data.  Otherwise I can wait
until I get our internal issue cleared out.

-Scott

--
N. Scott Pestana
IT Infrastructure