[rt-users] Upgrading 3.8.4 to 4.0.1 - Root password??

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 12 12:35:47 EDT 2012

Please keep replies on the list.

On 04/12/2012 12:19 PM, johnathan.bell at baker.edu wrote:
> Thanks. I'm glad to know that it's something much simpler than I
> expected. I did read those, but they only mentioned the "standard
> database upgrade process" as far as I could see. Further research says
> that's probably going to be "rt-setup-database --action upgrade" or
> something similar… yes?

Yes.  The README refers to `make upgrade-database`.  You're running
Ubuntu packages, so the instructions we write aren't exactly the same as
what you'll need to do (they apply to the tarball we ship).

The Ubuntu packages don't run the database upgrades for you; they just
install the new source.

> What about the other parts like secure-passwords, etc… the other random
> "little" scripts in etc/upgrade? Should those be run before or after the
> rt-setup-database cmd?

Most are run after.  The docs (docs/UPGRADING*) mention what needs to be
run during the middle of the upgrade.