[rt-users] Upgrade to 4.05 broke search editing

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Apr 17 12:02:32 EDT 2012

We recently upgraded from 4.02 to 4.05.  This has broken our ability to
edit our custom searches.

We can still use the searches, and they produce valid results, we just
cannot edit them and cannot create new searches.

Here's an example of an existing search:

Queue = 'Water Close-Out' AND CF.{Work-State} = 'Pending Invoices'

It produces the correct results when run.  However, when we try to edit
it, it produces the following error when we try to use "advanced" editing:

Wrong query, expecting a OPERATOR in 'Queue = 'Water Close-Out' AND
CF.{Work->State}<--here = 'Pending Invoices''

And if we try to create a new search, it refuses to accept the

CF.{Work-State} = 'Pending Invoices'

>From looking at the behavior, the sql editor in 4.05 is having trouble
with the '-' in Work-State.  Is this illegal RT-SQL or is the editor in
4.05 broken?

--
On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not