[rt-users] Adding New Transaction from scrip

Kory Prince korylprince at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:28:33 EDT 2012

(Sorry for the previous email. My work email client is terrible.)

Hello all,Using a custom scrip action, I send sms messages to the new
owner of a ticket when they are assigned a ticket (On Owner Change.)

I have researched on the web, browsed this mailing list, and went
through the perldoc of Ticket.pm, Transaction.pm, etc.

I cannot find a way to simply add a transaction to the history of the ticket.

For example the ideal thing to be able to  do would be to add a new
transaction like when it says:
The RT System Itself - Outgoing email recorded

and attaches the message.I would like it to say

The RT System itself - Outgoing SMS recorded
or something similiar and attach the sms message.

But all I absolutely need is to be able to somehow record in the
history that the message was sent.

>From looking at the code, it seems that I should not create a
transaction object directly but use ticket methods to do so, but I
don't see any ticket methods that will create a new transaction!

If anyone can offer some help, or a step in the right direction, I
would appreciate it.
Kory Prince
Bullard ISD