[rt-users] One more Question About LDAP Import Extension

Scott Pestana scott.pestana at linguamatics.com
Mon Apr 23 12:26:15 EDT 2012

All,
     We are happy with LDAP Import, with the following mapping:

Set($LDAPMapping, {     'Name' => 'uid',
                         'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
                         'RealName' => 'cn',
                         'ExternalAuthId' => 'uid',
                         'Gecos' => 'gecos'
                 }
);

     We're trying to figure out though; which is the key RT checks to
see if users already exist?  When running in debug mode we get this output:

Processing user spestana
User spestana already exists as 494, skipping
Imported 38/48 users

     But there's no way of knowing if that's the Name, or the
ExternalAuthId.  Can you give us some insight here? Right now, my
inspection of the code has me feeling this defaults to the first field
listed by the LDAPMapping.

--
N. Scott Pestana
IT Infrastructure