[rt-users] Extracting an article

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 2 21:34:51 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 01:48:41PM +0200, Gunnar Gorges wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> since you are talking about RTFM for RT 4.0.x I am not sure my comment applies since I only have experience with RTFM and RT 3.8.8… It might help if you posted your versions anyway.
>
> However:
> I encountered the same problem some time ago until I was told that classes should match your actual queues (e.g. queue-names). That did the trick for me.

Classes don't need to match your Queue names.  In fact, on 4.0, you
can apply Classes globally or per-queue regardless of the name.  My
guess is you were using the hack we had in 3.8 which mapped articles
in a Topic to queues named the same as the Topic (this is no longer
required in 4.0 because you can just assign the Class properly).

> Of course you also need to asign at least now custom-field to that class (classes -> basics -> "include custom field X").

I'm guessing this is his problem.  It's covered earlier in
articles_introduction.pod

-kevin