[rt-users] Using Ajax with Mason in RT

Martin Drasar drasar at ics.muni.cz
Thu Aug 16 10:34:39 EDT 2012

On 16.8.2012 16:04, Paul Tomblin wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Martin Drasar <drasar at ics.muni.cz
> <mailto:drasar at ics.muni.cz>> wrote:
>

>     My question is - how can I diagnose, whether there is a problem with
>     (auto|d)handlers? I haven't touched any of them since the installation.
>

> Ok, this is a real desperation measure, but I modified
> /opt/rt4/lib/RT.pm and added a call to Carp::cluck in both the
> $SIG{__WARN__} and $SIG{__DIE__} handlers.  It adds a tiny bit more
> information in a few cases that normally go unremarked by RT.  Also,
> make sure and restart your server after making changes, because the code
> that is supposed to pick up changes doesn't always do so.

Thank you for not giving up...

My first attempt - putting cluck outside the block in handler that
checks for being inside eval. Looking inside the log and finding
bazillion of stack traces. Thinking about switching careers...

My second attempt - putting it in correct place. Looking inside the log
and finding nothing. Thinking about switching careers...

I always restart the apache server and reload the page before trying
something new. Working in debug mode, mason cache is empty.

Martin