[rt-users] AutoRejectRequest Template not working?

April Rosenberg aprilr at yelp.com
Fri Aug 17 14:27:03 EDT 2012

All,

I have RT 4.0.5 set up to accept mail and not create new users.  I am using
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth.  I have a problem where some of my users are not
using their original email address to send emails to RT.  When they send an
email into an RT monitored address they get three emails, “Could not load a
valid user”, “User could not be loaded”, and “User could not be created”.
I have added

Set($LookupSenderInExternalDatabase, 1);

Set($SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase, 1);

But I do not think those are relevant to ExternalAuth.  I have added the
AutoRejectRequest Template globally, hoping that it would give my users a
more graceful error message.

Is there anyone to change the outgoing error messages so that a user
doesn’t get three, and that the, hopefully, one message they get has more
info in it?

Anything I have found on this seems to be old, deprecated, or not using
ExternalAuth.  Thanks!

April