[rt-users] LDAP-Active Directory external authentification search/authentificate users in a subtree

Limit Less limitless at yourtrip.ro
Tue Aug 21 08:58:14 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have set up a new Request Tracker server, that uses the
RT::Authen::*ExternalAuth
*extension.
Everything is working fine, and i am able to authenticate users account
from the Active Directory into RT, the problem is that i have is that my
organisation has a complicated structure, with many OU, and the ldap
 search for users from what i could figure it out is made having as a scope
just one level, what would i need is to have as a scope a whole Subtree.

So let me give you an example.

My base is in my RT_SiteConfig.pm file is : dc=mydomain, dc=local
I am able to log into Request Tracker with a user account contain in
CN=Users, DC=mydomain, DC=local

But i am unable to log into Request Tracker with a user account contain in

OU=Users,OU=DepartmentName,DC=mydomain,DC=local

Many thanks for your future responses, or hints, i really appreciate them.