[rt-users] [SLA Extension] Can I 'parked' stalled tickets?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 27 20:19:43 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Kevin Falcone
<falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 04:39:47AM +0000, Dave Fitches wrote:
>>    However when the job is changed from stalled back to open, it doesn't punch the Due Date out
>>    according to the time it was stalled. So - a job is due 5 days after it's created. If we stall
>>    the job after 4 hours, the priority will freeze at 10. If we change the job back to "open" 2
>>    days later, the due date remains unchanged and the job will still be due in another 2.5 days.
>>    Next time the LinearEscalate cron job runs, the Priority jumps right up to 50.
>>
>>    What we WANT it to do, is - when we un-stall the job 2 days later, we want RT to automatically
>>    extend the Due Date by the same amount of time it was stalled - in this case, 2 days.
>
> Unfortunately, you're likely going to need some customizations there,
> the doc for IgnoreOnStatuses has the following note about
> recalculating Due:
>
>     NOTE: When a ticket goes from an ignored status to a normal status, the
>     new Due date is calculated from the last action (reply, SLA change, etc)
>     which fits the SLA type (Response, Starts, KeepInLoop, etc). This means
>     if a ticket in the above example flips from stalled to open without a
>     reply, the ticket will probably be overdue. In most cases this shouldn't
>     be a problem since moving out of stalled-like statuses is often the
>     result of RT's auto-open on reply scrip, therefore ensuring there's a
>     new reply to calculate Due from. The overall effect is that ignored
>     statuses don't let the Due date drift arbitrarily, which could wreak
>     havoc on your SLA performance.
>
> This is a new feature in 0.06, and patches to extend the behavior would
> probably be interesting to my colleagues who worked on the feature.

Ignore my other reply with questions. That message felt out the thread
in my MUA.

As Kevin mentioned IgnoreOnStatuses designed this way on purpose. This
option is more suitable for Reply and KeepInLoop deadlines.

Instead of changing how above option works I would prefer to see a new
option special for Resolve deadline that moves Due date when ticket is
"parked/unparked".

I can not say I'm going to implement it soon. Patches are welcome.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.