[rt-users] Problem setting up RT

Anton Roth Anton_Roth at gmx.de
Thu Aug 30 16:37:46 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have set up RT 4.0.7 a few days ago on a Ubuntu12.04 system, but I cannot
get it to run.

It says a "You're almost there!

You haven't yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to have
installed RT's web interface correctly, but haven't yet configured your web
server to "run" the RT server which powers the web interface. The next step
is to edit your webserver's configuration file to instruct it to use RT's
mod_perl or FastCGI handler."

and I don't know how to continue from there.

Below is my httpd.conf from Apache2

<VirtualHost *:80>
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4/share/html/"

    <Location "/opt/rt4/share/html/">
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all

       SetHandler mod_perl
       PerlResponseHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2
       PerlSetVar psgi_app /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server
    </Location>
    <Perl>
       use Plack::Handler::Apache2;
       Plack::Handler::Apache2->preload("/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server");
    </Perl>

</VirtualHost>

I originally ran into issues when setting RT to /rt, so I set it to root for
now. I also tried with SetHandler modperl, since this is how it was
described in the ManualApacheConfig on the wiki page, neither works. When I
run rt-server with Apache2 stopped, I can connect from that machine via
http://0, but not from outside it. It has to be something with Apache, but I
cannot find out what it is.

make testdeps
make fixdeps

both return all dependencies found.

Can someone help me fix the rest? (I am not that familiar with Linux, since
I have to program on a Windows machine, but as only software engineer I have
to setup the ticket system).

Thanks a lot for any help!