[rt-users] Create RT ticket via perl, within RT but not via web interface?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 5 21:05:30 EST 2012

Please keep mail on the list for future folks to find.

On 12/05/2012 05:41 PM, Len Jaffe wrote:
> You were right. I could not find any examples, and I've discovered that
> CreateTicket, while it lived in RT/Interface/Web.pm, there is a second
> package statement in the middle of that file, above the definition of
> CreateTicket, that declares  package HTML::Mason::Commands.

There are a definitely a few places in RT (under share/html/) that call
CreateTicket:

tom at whaam rt (4.0-trunk=) $ grep -rl CreateTicket share/html/
share/html/Elements/CreateTicket
share/html/Elements/Tabs
share/html/Elements/ShowLinks
share/html/Elements/SelectQueue
share/html/Tools/Offline.html
share/html/index.html
share/html/SelfService/Display.html
share/html/SelfService/CreateTicketInQueue.html
share/html/Ticket/Display.html
share/html/m/ticket/select_create_queue
share/html/m/ticket/show

> So I had to call HTML::Mason::Commands::CreateTicket(0 which was
> unexpected and took me a while to suss out.

All Mason files -- and you said you were inside RT's mason framework --
use the HTML::Mason::Commands package.  You don't need to fully qualify
the call to CreateTicket(), you can just call it if you're in a Mason file.

Thomas