[rt-users] Full text index with MySQL 5.6

LAW Andy andy.law at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Wed Dec 12 14:31:14 EST 2012

Can I just confirm a couple of things here? (since I'm just about to upgrade our slightly aged RT system)

If I migrate my 3.6.5 mySQL-based system to 4.x, the current content searches will still work at the same sort of speed that they do now, will they not? Is the full-text search in postgres-based systems an enhancement or is 4.0/mySQL/content search a regression over 3.x?

Is there a simple way to migrate from mySQL to postgres?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

On 12 Dec 2012, at 19:23pm, Alex Vandiver wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 18:08 +0000, Daksh Chauhan wrote:
>> I am wondering if any one has tried this with MySQL 5.6 and RT 4.x?
>
> FYI, MySQL 5.6 has still not hit general availability (GA), and is hence
> still a development release.
>
>> I have RT 4.0.8 working on my test VM with MySQL 5.6.8, but need to
>> confirm if I can use same Index as documented here:
>
> No.  That index is specific to the Sphinx indexer, and will do nothing
> useful to interact with MySQL 5.6.
>
> RT does not have support for MySQL 5.6's fulltext search; we're looking
> forward to it hitting GA, at which point we'll look into implementing
> support for it.  But as of now, 5.0 or 5.1 with Sphinx is the only
> solution on MySQL.
> - Alex
>
> --------
> We're hiring! http://bestpractical.com/jobs

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.