[rt-users] Full text index with MySQL 5.6

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 12 14:47:35 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 19:31 +0000, LAW Andy wrote:
> If I migrate my 3.6.5 mySQL-based system to 4.x, the current content
> searches will still work at the same sort of speed that they do now,
> will they not? Is the full-text search in postgres-based systems an
> enhancement or is 4.0/mySQL/content search a regression over 3.x?

Indexed searching on MySQL with Sphinx, Postgres, and Oracle, is an
enhancement in 4.0.  If you wish to have non-indexed content searching
in 4.0 (as 3.8 and below have), you will need to explicitly enable it in
your RT_SiteConfig; 4.0 defaults it to off.  See the %FullTextSearch
documentation in RT_Config.pm.

> Is there a simple way to migrate from mySQL to postgres?

Not currently.  There are community-created tools that attempt it, and
we've been working with a few clients on a more robust solution; we
expect that it will ship with RT 4.2.

 - Alex