[rt-users] Multi-tenant

Shuvam Misra shuvam.misra at merceworld.com
Thu Dec 13 05:56:00 EST 2012

> The overall-rights-matrix on only-one-userbase makes it
> difficult to wall in each of the groups, so they never
> see or notice one of the others.  It *is* possible, but
> error-prone, if the 'groups' try to administer their own
> 'set of queues'.  One wrong click or 'right' and information
> leaks will happen.  In sigle-tenant-setups this stays
> impossible and virtual hosts are relatively cheap.

An application has to be designed to be multi-tenanted from the ground up
to avoid these dangers. I guess RT is not.

When we design multi-tenant apps, we get so paranoid that we add a
"clientID" column to each table, without exception. Don't want to mess
with leaks across these walls -- clients will disappear before we know
it.

Shuvam