[rt-users] Plugin install in RT4 / Debian Squeeze

Patrick G. Stoesser lists at pgs-info.de
Fri Dec 14 11:01:17 EST 2012

Hello there,

I have a RT4 system running on Debian Squueze, installed via Backports
according to the install howto. So far, everything works fine, but when
it comes to plugins, the hassle begins.

I tried to get several plugins to work without success. As an example, I
will focus on the Calendar plugin here.

I installed the plugin via perl makefile.pl, make, make install which
worked fine. The installation routine asked me for the path to RT.pm.
which in my case was /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib.

After adding

# Plugins
Set(@Plugins,(qw(RTx::Calendar)));

# Calendar Plugin
Set($HomepageComponents, [qw(QuickCreate Quicksearch MyCalendar
      MyAdminQueues MySupportQueues MyReminders RefreshHomepage)]);

in a separate file in RT_SiteConfig.d and updating via
update-rt-siteconfig-4 and restarting Apache, the Calendar plugin was
loaded and could be chosen in the frontend.

The problem begins now: As soon as chosen to being displayed, in the
frontend an error occures:

"An internal RT error has occurred. Your administrator can find more
details in RT's log files"

Well, the log says

  [error]: could not find component for path 'MyCalendar'
(/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:209)

and now I'm stuck as the accprding line says nothing to me. Has anybody
dealed with the same issue?

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Patrick