[rt-users] [rt 4.0.4] Unable to change status from New -> Open

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 3 12:27:56 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 10:36:07AM -0500, Ronald J. Yacketta wrote:
>    Hello all!
>
>    We went live with rt 4.0.04 last night and have been getting reports of end-users being unable
>    to change ticket status in ANY queue from New -> Open.
>
>    Ticket 39927: Status 'open' isn't a valid status for tickets in this queue.

This error means that open is invalid for the current Queue, not there
is no transition from new -> open. Unfortunately, your truncated config
doesn't fail locally.  Are you sure you don't have other lifecycles
configured and applied?  If you look at the System Configuration page,
does it show the Lifecycle config you expect?

You could also tweak Ticket.pm's SetStatus to warn when you encounter
the error so you could see $cycle->Name.

-kevin