[rt-users] setting up approvals on RT 4.0.1

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 13 10:18:20 EST 2012

On 02/13/2012 09:38 AM, Asanka Gunasekera wrote:
> Now can some one tell me what I am doing wrong, below is my template
>
> ===Create-Ticket: poreq
> Subject: Approve purchase order for {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
> Depended-On-By: TOP
> Queue: Approvals-PO

This _won't_ work.  You _need_ to use the ___Approvals queue.  (Kevin,
my coworker, told you this a while ago.)

> Type: approval
> Owner: approval at iil.informatics.lk #username-of-owner   #note this is so
> that notifications work properly

Trailing comments like the above aren't supported, so RT is trying to
set the Owner to "approval at iil.informatics.lk #username-of-owner   #note
this is so that notifications work properly".  That doesn't work, as you
might imagine.

Thomas