[rt-users] linking to saved search results by name or ID

Sam Hanes sam at maltera.com
Tue Feb 21 17:45:48 EST 2012

I have a large collection of saved searches and occasionally I need to
ask someone else to look at one of them. Currently I have to send them
the "Show Results" link, which is very long and unwieldy. It would be
much more convenient if I could link to a saved search by name or ID.
For example, Bugzilla saved search links look like this:
http://bugs.example.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=All%20My%20Boogs

I've tried searching the bug tracker and mailing list archives. All I
turned up was this rt-users thread from last year where they ended up
using the "Show Results" link:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/98865

In 4.0.1 Search/Results.html declares a Mason argument SavedSearchId
but it doesn't seem to be used anywhere in that file. Trying to use it
like this returns an empty results page:
http://bugs.example.com/Search/Results.html?SavedSearchId=28

Is there some way to do this that I'm missing? If not, are there any
plans to implement it?