[rt-users] possible RT 4.0.4 attachment bug

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Jan 6 12:51:26 EST 2012

On 01/06/2012 12:35 PM, mjames at guesswho.com wrote:
> OK, this seems to be a relevant portion of the log file. Sorry about the delay in replying. -Mike
>
> [Thu Dec 15 19:38:48 2011] [warning]: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 587.
>  (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm:587)

This error will cause the Attachment creation to fail, which cascades up
to the Transaction creation and Ticket creation.  All of it is done
inside a database-level transaction which is rolled back on failure.

The end result is the id sequence is incremented, but no such ticket
exists.  Such gaps don't cause any problem though.

What is your max_allowed_packet?  I'll bet it's tiny and should be
increased.

Thomas