[rt-users] mysqlcheck reports table errors

David Chandek-Stark david.chandek.stark at duke.edu
Fri Jan 6 14:00:58 EST 2012

MySQL 5.0.77 (I know it's past EOL and we should upgrade)
RT 3.8.5

Recently we had a hiccup with RT, so I ran mysqlcheck and got these errors:
rt3.ACL
error    : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `ACL`" to fix
it!
rt3.Attributes
error    : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `Attributes`"
to fix it!
rt3.Groups
error    : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `Groups`" to
fix it!
rt3.Links
error    : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `Links`" to fix
it!
rt3.ObjectCustomFieldValues
error    : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE
`ObjectCustomFieldValues`" to fix it!
rt3.Tickets
error    : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `Tickets`" to
fix it!
rt3.Transactions
error    : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `Transactions`"
to fix it!

Of course, REPAIR TABLE doesn't work on InnoDB tables, so I eventually
dumped and reloaded the RT db.  That seemed to fix the problem, but when I
ran mysqlcheck on all dbs (-A) I still got error reports.  When I ran
mysqlcheck -B rt3, no errors, and no errors manually running CHECK TABLE
on those tables.  OK, so maybe mysqlcheck is buggy.  We have observed no
data loss or corruption.  But it got stranger when I started seeing the
same errors on a second RT db on the same MySQL server.

Have others observed this issue?  I realize this may not be a RT-related
issue per se, but it's curious that the errors are only showing up on RT
dbs and only on those specific tables, so it would be helpful to from
other on this.

Thanks,
David