[rt-users] Upload Multiple Files at once

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Jan 13 15:05:00 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jeff" <bigwa420 at gmail.com>

> We are using a Custom Field that allows for multiple photos to be
> uploaded and attached to a ticket. We typically have 3 photos per
> ticket and people would like to be able to select the 3 photos to
> upload together instead of having to add and save for each one.
> Has anyone found a way to be able to upload more than 1 file at a
> time?

It's a documented problem that this cannot be done in Internet Explorer: the
browser will not support multiple selection in a file picker dialog box.

The only way I'm aware of to implement this is by grafting in a Flash-based
uploader; a non-trivial undertaking.  (There's a jQuery multi-file uploader,
but it also depends on the browser's file-picker and has the same problems.)

FF, Safari and Chrome all allow multiple selection in their file pickers,
though the app may not know how to handle it, and thus not enable it.

Cheers,
-- jra