[rt-users] SeeCustomField right applied on Queue vs on CF ?

Kenneth Crocker kenn.crocker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 20:34:16 EST 2012

Daniel,

When you grant rights for a Custom Field to a group, then they have those
rights r*egardless of Queue*.

When you grant rights to Custom Fields at the Queue level, you lose the
ability to segregate Custom Fields in that Queue.

What if you have some Custom Fields in a Queue that you DO NOT want
everyone to see.

If you grant "SeeCustomFields" to a group or role at the Queue level only,
they will see ALL Custom Fields.

Now you have lost the ability to hide some CF's from that group.

Granting Rights to Custom Fields to groups only allows you to relate the
need to see these fields for just those that actually need to see them.

You have more flexibility.

Also, if you had granted those rights to the CF's for the GROUP while in
the Config->CustomFields, then they WOULD have seen them when in Query.

Hope this helps.

Kenn