[rt-users] Multiple instances configuration problems - RT 4.0.4 on Apache 2 + mod_perl2

Valerio, Gabriele [Nervianoms] Gabriele.Valerio at nervianoms.com
Fri Jan 27 05:11:18 EST 2012

Hi all,

I have successfully installed RT version 4.0.4 and it works fine if I
use the rt-server or under a "unique" Apache2 VirtualHost. However, if I
have other RT (3.6 and 3.8) instances configured as additional
VirtualHosts, the Apache2 server fails to start (Segmentation fault). I
think I have followed the installation instruction carefully and the
component versions are correct. I am also including my web configuration
section.

With previous versions (3.6 and 3.8) I used the +Parent and webmux.pl
option to run several instances under the same apache.

So my question is: is it possible and how to have more than one RT 4
instances running under the same apache (a mix of 3.x and 4.x or at
least all versions 4)?

Many thanks,

Gabriele

<VirtualHost <my_ip>:80>

###         Optional apache logs for RT

       ErrorLog /opt/rt4pst/var/log/apache2.error

       TransferLog /opt/rt4pst/var/log/apache2.access

       LogLevel debug

       AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

       ServerName rtpstest.nervianoms.com

       DocumentRoot "/opt/rt4pst/share/html"

        <Location />

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from all

            SetHandler modperl

            PerlResponseHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2

            PerlSetVar psgi_app /opt/rt4pst/sbin/rt-server

        </Location>

        <Perl>

            use Plack::Handler::Apache2;

Plack::Handler::Apache2->preload("/opt/rt4pst/sbin/rt-server");

        </Perl>

</VirtualHost>

---

Dr.  Gabriele VALERIO

Information Technology

Database & Data Management

Nerviano Medical Sciences

Via Pasteur, 10

Nerviano (MI) ITALY

Tel: ++39-0331-581460

Mobile: ++39-348-1311053

Fax:++39-0331-581456

"There is always more about you than anyone expects!"