[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth cannot find LDAP users if they haven't logged in at least once.

Camron W. Fox cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Sun Jan 29 20:16:56 EST 2012

Alle,

	So we've installed RT::Authen::ExternalAuth, but when we try to search
for users to create groups and such, if the user hasn't logged in to RT
at least once, they cannot be found. Here is the LDAP excerpt from
RT_SiteConfig.PM:

Set(@Plugins, (qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth)));
Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [   'My_LDAP'
                            ]
);
Set($ExternalInfoPriority,  [   'My_LDAP'
                            ]
);
Set($ExternalAuthPriority,['My_LDAP']);
Set($ExternalSettings,  {
Set($ExternalSettings,  {
	'My_LDAP'   =>  {
	'type'              =>  'ldap',
        'server'            =>  'admin.subaru.nao.ac.jp',
        'user'              =>  'cn=Manager,dc=subaru,dc=nao,dc=ac,dc=jp',
        'pass'              =>  'XXXXX',
        'base'              =>  'ou=people,dc=subaru,dc=nao,dc=ac,dc=jp',
        'filter'            =>  '(objectClass=person)',
        'd_filter'          =>  '(employeeType=locked)',
        'tls'               =>  0,
        'ssl_version'       =>  3,
        'net_ldap_args'     =>  [    version =>  3   ],
        # 'group'           =>  'GROUP_NAME',
        # 'group_attr'      =>  'GROUP_ATTR',
        'attr_match_list'   =>  [	'Name',
        				'EmailAddress'
                                ],
        'attr_map'          =>  {	'Name'  =>  'uid',
                                        'EmailAddress'  =>  'mail',
                                        # 'Organization' =>
'physicalDeliveryOfficeName',
					'RealName'  =>  'cn',
                                        'ExternalAuthId'    => 'uid',
					'Gecos' => 'gecos'
                                        # 'WorkPhone' => 'telephoneNumber',
					# 'Address1' => 'streetAddress',
                                        # 'City' => 'l',
                    # 'State' => 'st',
                                        # 'Zip' => 'postalCode',

					# 'Country' => 'co'
				}
			}
);

	We've obviously missed something here, but we've spent the last couple
days searching the docs/wiki/web and playing with RT_SiteConfig.pm but
with no luck.

Best Regards,
Camron

--