[rt-users] Look for Existing ticket based on external RT Subject Tag

Joseph Moles jbmoles at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:37:32 EDT 2012

I'm running RT 4, and we have a external service provider that has their
own RT system.  When they create a ticket to us, their RT sends the
notification to the email address associated with our RT.  The problem is
that their process is to send a notification on create, then send a message
immediately after with the details.  This generates two tickets in system.
 Has any one written or modified one of the scrips to look for an existing
ticket with the subject tag from an external RT system, before creating a
new ticket.  Basically implement the similar logic that is used for
internal subject tag, but basically same IF (Ticket with External Tag
Exists) -> Update Ticket; Else Create new ticket.

--
It is all fun and games till flying monkeys attack